Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hi All,

How is everyone? I meant to send this before I left for Russia so thought I would do it now before it becomes old news! I hope you are all enjoying your summer so far :)

I know I have not blogged in a little while, but I thought I would write to keep you all updated. The past few months have kept me busy with various shows, and ofcourse assisting in the choreography for So You Think You Can Dance. It is such a great show, and a perfect opportunity for so many amazing performers to showcase their talent. There were alot of breathtaking performances so it was an honour to witness it and offer some advice and help with the choreography as well as working with the lovely Artem.

Since then I have also moved house. Joe and I have stayed in a similar area, but I have been busy sorting out the furnishings which has been a bit crazy. I am pleased to say we have now fully moved into our new home, which is very exciting!

Robin and I have also been busy with some shows recently. We went up to Edinburgh to perform at a private wedding on the outskirts of the City a few weeks ago. It was a fantastic venue and really good to be a part of someone's special day. We then went back up to Scotland the following weekend to Aberdeen at the Beach Ballroom venue where I have been before, so I really enjoyed going back and seeing some familiar faces! We also went to the Aberdeen Race for Life event on the Sunday morning, to motivate all the runners during the warm up. I did something similar at a London Race for life event a few years ago, so it was great to go back. I was amazed by all the runners and it is so amazing to see people running for such a good cause, which is a charity I have always supported. Our final show to round up that week was at another private party up in Sheffield!

I also did some dance classes at Champneys Henlow a few weeks ago for some hotel guests, which was a really stunning place. Joe and I were able to use the spa and have some relaxation time as well which made it a perfect weekend.

Ofcourse since I last blogged (and I cannot believe I have not mentioned it yet), is that the professional dancers for Strictly 2011 have been announced! I am so happy to be a part of the new series. We have a little while to wait until the celebrities are announced, but I hope you are all as excited as I am.....watch this space for more news.

You may have seen I have been a part of the children's charity ' Kids Task force' who are doing some inspiring work. This has enabled me to go along to a couple of schools with the charity to tell them about my life and dance, in the hope to encourage children to follow their dreams and I taught a few steps while I was there. The pupils have been so interested to learn, I have uploaded some pictures in this album for you to take a look at - http://s1127.photobucket.com/albums/l623/Rihanoff/ ( hopefully the link will work for you).

I will shortly be home in London for only a few days before having to go back to LA to sort out my VISA in time for Strictly. As some of you will know this has resulted in me being unable to perform on the 30th July which I am truly sorry for but It was the only week I could get home to finalise my VISA which I need for Strictly but I hope to see you all again at another show.

Speak to you all soon

All my love

Kristina xxx

No comments: